Friday 12 July 2019

Spectators on The Shining Path, part 4

   She stayed in my fortress for over three moons. As I expected, she worked well, and my men respected her stength and wisdom. We became close, a little too close.
   I learnt to perform most tasks with my left hand and saw her struggle bravely on her wounded leg.

   From the window of my tower, I watched the sun set over the purple fells.
   Molly entered my room without knocking, which was unlike her.
   She wore a fadded grey robe, which she silently removed to reveal herself. I do not expect you to believe me when I tell you that it was the first time that I noticed quite how beautifull she was.
   'I want you,' she said simply,' take me now.'
   My shock must have been apparent.
   'We need to breed more soldiers for the next war,' she explained, as though it was obvious.
   'Lady... Molly... I think not.'
   The change rolled across her like a summer storm. She snatched up her robe, and her pretty face was contorted with rage.
   'Sir, you insult me mortally- and I demand satisfaction,' she said.
   I put down my horn of wine and took stock of the situation.
   'As the challenged party, I have the choice of weapons,' I stated.
   'Yes,'
   'Then I choose hammers which are so heavy that they are impossible to lift... Molly, we live in a brutal age, and sometimes it is good to do impossible things.'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment