Monday 26 June 2017

There s nothing Outside the Forest, 2/3


  We were lucky.We all survived that night, and were able to travel the next day… slowly.
  Now, after all that happened, I think it is always lucky to survive a night.
  With my help, Tomm climbed atop our wounded bull, and I walked along side him. At every twist in that narrow valley, we feared an ambush from the Orc.

  The Orc are predictably, they will always try to kill us.

  Limping, as the wounded animals that we were, we left the shadow of the mountain. The river narrowed, and the trees grew thicker. The Great Lake and mountains were long gone. It was as though I was still close to my family next, and -again- it was as though there could be nothing outside the forest.
  
  The next day we came across a filthy and stinking camp of the Orc. They were long gone,the Orc stench remained.
  With our brave brother bull wounded, I feared the Orc greatly, almost as much as if I were alone.   
  Past the dirty Orc camp, we found many dead trees.
  Not slashed, maimed, and burn- in the orc way- but cut down at the base. The small branches had been cut or burnt away, and the trunks and bows had been dragged elsewhere.
  I could not understand this slaughter. The Orc are always burning, but why kill all the tree and take away the trunk.
  First we found a murdered Ash. Then five butchered Pines. Then patches where dozens of trees lay dead together.

  It was as bad as the skull piles. I held tomm close to me, I felt so tired. We had travelled so far and seen so much badness.

No comments:

Post a Comment