Tuesday 18 August 2015

Dual, part 8

   That was too much for her.
   She just sat back in her chair and let the world go on without her.
   I know a little of the minds of men. Kill one man, and you are a criminal, kill ten and you are a hero. But 44? 44 is unthinkable.
   So I just kept talking. 
   'The second time I challenged a fellow, I was drunk... Was drunk a lot in those days... Still killed the man. I'm rather good at it, you see. Was frustrated all the time, you know, got mortally offended easily... After a while, it became habit- then addiction.'
   '44?' she finally asked.
   'Aye, 44.'
   'All because of that girl, Emily?'
   'Yes,you could say that.'
   She sat thoughtfully for a long time, then her eyes lit up.
   'That is, at once, the most monstrous and the most romantic thing I have ever heard.'

   True love is loving some one or some thing more than one loves one's self.
   Addiction is the same, apart from that the thing you love ABSOLUTELY does not love you. Maybe it even hates you.    
   I, for instance, am addicted to Death.
   Once, i was addicted to love. that was not so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment