Wednesday 22 October 2014

The HUNTER III

                 Raymond gave the matter serious thought.
            ‘You make bets with bags of gold, while the people on your land are starving,’ he stated. ‘What kind of a king are you? I will tell you this… Tomorrow afternoon I will walk around the village, if I see food on every table and animals in the fields I will take your job. If not, I will come and kill you.’
            ‘Are you really so confident that you could kill me?’ the ogre asked.
            ‘You are smaller than a dragon,’ Virgil pointed out.
            The ogre laughed, it was not a happy sound.
            “I accept the challenge,’ the ogre said. ‘I will feed my people, you will kill the dragon, and we will both be very rich!’
            ‘Where is the dragon to be found?’ Virgil asked. ‘And what manner of dragon is it?’
            ‘A Water Dragon, to be found in the south east, where it ravishes the costal towns of Lancashire.’
            Water Dragon. Raymond calculated. Can swim, cannot fly, cannot breath fire. Invulnerable to fire. Vulnerable to steel. 50-60 paces long. 5- 6 ton. Quite easy.
            ‘See you tomorrow,’ Raymond dismissed the ogre.

            He found his bed to the occupied. An unmistakably feminine figure lay there. On pulling back the sheets, he saw that it was Molly. After pausing a moment to admire the smooth curves of her naked  body, he ran is fingers gently threw her hair.
            She woke, looked up at him, and then embraced him tightly.
            ‘I did not know if you would come back,’ she said.
            ‘I don’t die easily.’
            ‘Kiss me…’
            He did. Then they made love. Passionately.
             
            ‘Stay here with me,’ she said, when she finnaly caught her breath.
            ‘I stay here untill the next evening. I have work with the ogre.’
            ‘ No… Stay with me. Here. Always…’
            ‘You should forget such ideas. Men with my job don’t live long enough to be good husbands. Go and tell your friends that you slept with the mighty Raymond, then go get yourself a steady man who treats you right.’
            Then he made love to her again.

            In morning she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment