Sunday 1 June 2014

THERE IS NOTHING OUTSIDE THE FOREST

PART !

   We, The People, live in the forest; and there is nothing outside the forest.
   We hunt the deer, the boar, the rabbit and the aurox. The Orc hunt us.
   That is our life; and there is nothing ouside the forest.
   
   Last night I dreamed that there was life outside the forest.

   I am Charlotte, daughter of Mary and Torson. My mother hunted the aurox in the moonlight as a child, and my grandfather fell beside Freyyson at the Battle of The Oaks.
   That is what I am.
   That, and that I dreamed of life outside of the forest.
   But there is nothing outside the forest, all of The People know that. There is The Forest and life: the Orc and death. And there is glory. That is all.

   I must go for a long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment